Best Diamonds is the UK marketing arm of Diamond House in Antwerp which has been trading since 1986. Diamond House is founded and run by Rob van Beurden, a member of the main Diamond Bourse in Antwerp. In addition to our London office, you may visit our Antwerp or Paris office.
We pride ourselves on not only providing the best quality diamonds in handmade designs at the best prices but also on providing as many independent guarantees as possible:
- All our diamonds of 0.40 carat and above are graded by any one of the most reputable independent laboratories: GIA (the oldest and the strongest in the US), the HRD (HRD is strong in Europe and the Middle East/Dubai) and the IGI (the largest gem-lab worldwide). See FAQs for more on "How does the HRD compare to the GIA?" and on "How does IGI compare to GIA and HRD"? This way you have independent verification of the quality of the diamond.
- Rob van Beurden who handpicks the best cut diamonds is a member of the main Diamond Bourse in Antwerp. There are only 1500 members worldwide across 23 countries so it’s an exclusive club of experts: Beurs voor Diamanthandel C.V.B.A. - Pelikaanstraat 78, B-2018 Antwerpen, Tel: +32 (0) 3 233.53.13, Fax: +32 (0) 3 233.53.13 - Member Name: Rob van Beurden, Member Number: VAN2414. Being a member of the Diamond Bourse is the highest honour, privilege and responsibility that is possible in the industry as members are bound by a strict code of ethics. For more information, see Antwerp Diamond Bourse.
- We handpick our diamonds to maximise cut (as the quality of cut determines how well a diamond will sparkle). All our diamonds score the highest marks for proportions on grading reports - so no compromises here.
- How do you know that the loose diamond we show you matches its grading report? All our diamonds of 0.40 carat and above are laser inscribed with the report number on the girdle so you can be assured that the loose diamond you chose matches the accompanying grading report. The laser inscribed number is so small that it can be viewed only with x14 loupe and so this does not affect the diamond in any other way.
- Is it a natural diamond or lookalike or has it been treated to remove the inclusions e.g. by laser drilling? An imperfect low grade clarity diamond (I1 to I3) is worth considerably less than higher grades by as much as 80% the value of the top grade diamonds! Laser-drilling of imperfect I1-I3 grade diamonds can make them look like they are very high clarity e.g. VS to VVS...i.e. you would not be able to detect the inclusions under a loupe as they will have been removed but the value still remains as if it were a grade I1 to I3! ONLY expert graders can detect whether a diamond has been treated. Hence, we sell only certified diamonds so that you can be assured that they are natural diamonds.
- We guarantee that our diamonds are "conflict-free" by purchasing our diamonds from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations resolution, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by our diamond suppliers.
- Orders are secured with a 10% to 50% deposit - the rest is payable when the jewellery is completed to your satisfaction. Most clients pick up in person and pay the remaining balance. All jewellery that is to be delivered will need to be paid for 100% on completion before we FedEx it out.
- All our diamond jewellery comes with free aftercare service including any re-sizing of rings (except for full diamond eternity bands which have to be made exactly to size). In order to keep your jewellery looking at its best, you should come back to us for servicing (clean, polish and re-check diamond claws) at least once every 2 years.
This text applies to any purchase from Diamond House CVBA Belgium, Diamond House Jewellery Ltd UK, Diamond House Jewellery BVBA Belgium, Fortrez, Designs by Indigo, Best Diamonds and all their related websites. (From here on named DH+)
Methods of payment accepted include PayPal, Visa, MasterCard (no AMWEX) or bank wire transfer. Wire transfer is required for international purchases.
1.5% Wire Transfer Discount
Paying by wire transfer eliminates credit card fees and reduces risk of fraud. Your bank should offer this service for a fee that’s typically inconsequential compared to your savings. When you are ready to make a purchase we can email you precise instructions. Wire transfers are required for international purchases. Specials excluded. This offer may not be combined with other discounts.
You have a 14 day inspection period but before any items are sent out we require the full payment as a security deposit. This protects both our interests. If the sale is not made the credit line will be released upon return of the undamaged items.
This is done via bank wire transfer for the full sale price of the stone. Once wire transfer is received by our bank the gemstone will be sent to you for inspection. If you elect to return the gemstone within the 14 day return period you will be refunded according to our refund policy. After the 14 day period all sales are final and not subject to return or refund.
Custom Defined and Custom Made Treasures Deposit
Because of the unique nature of special orders and designer items a 50% deposit of the anticipated total is required to begin work on a mounting for your gemstone. The balance is due in full upon completion and prior to shipping of the finished piece. Any cost of changes in design or modifications once a piece is begun will be the client’s responsibility. These costs are nonrefundable and will be added to the final cost of the piece.
Despite our best efforts some items on our website may be mispriced in error. We will not honor typographical or calculation errors. Should an error be discovered as your order is processed we will notify you immediately upon its discovery.
Returns & Refunds - When does the 14-DAY RETURN POLICY apply?
In compliance with EU law (applicable to consumers only), any item that was sold outside one of our offices or on-line, can be returned within 14 days after taking delivery of the order in its original condition.
The aforementioned right of withdrawal does not apply to the sale of goods that are not distance contracts or that have been concluded at our office or at our affiliated offices.
When an item does not originate from our on-hand inventory but has been special ordered, it will be subject to a 25% restocking fee upon return.
Follow this simple three-step process to return a diamond or jewellery item to one of the addresses of DH+:
Use the contact details in the Contact Details section to obtain a Return Code [RC]. Write this code on the return form that accompanied your original invoice and attach this form to the outside of the box you are returning.
Place all the original packaging in the box, including the appraisal and the diamond certificate. (The diamond certificate carries a € 250 Euro replacement fee.)
Return via the appropriate carrier. To determine the appropriate carrier, look on your invoice. If the price of the item you’re returning is listed as less than € 500 Euro, you can ship it via any carrier. Be sure to ship your item fully insured, and request a return receipt to ensure your shipment is tracked.
* If the price of the item you are returning is more than € 500 Euro, ship via registered mail (FedEx and UPS will not insure it), and request a return receipt to ensure your shipment is tracked.*
Once your return is received, our Customer Service Department will review it. You will receive notification regarding your return or exchange within five days.
Any unauthorized, improperly packaged, or non-insured packages will be returned to sender. Items that show signs of wear or have been resized, engraved, altered, or damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return.
Within 30 days of our receiving and inspecting your returned product according to the above guidelines, you can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase, or via bank transfer. You will be refunded the shipping cost if the return is a result of a manufacturer error or a shipping error on our part.
If you have any questions about our return procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
* DH+ will not be responsible for losses or damage of return shipments.
The present terms and conditions related to this website can be consulted online at http://www.diamondhouse.be/info/conditions/1/
The English text shall be deemed to be the original authentic and valid text and the tenor and meaning of its content shall prevail.
The legal relations between Diamond House CVBA, Diamond House Jewellery BVBA, Diamond House Jewellery Ltd, Fortrez and the principal shall be governed exclusively by Belgian law. The provisions of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply. In the event of dispute, the courts of Antwerp shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.
• The location for payment of the indebtedness assumed by the principal shall be at the offices of DH+.
• Any possible total or partial invalidity or nullity of one or several clauses in the present general terms and conditions shall not affect in any wise the validity of the other clauses or the remaining aspects.
• Upon default
o 1. In the absence of payment by the due date of one or several invoices, DH+ shall be entitled in good right and de iure, and without the need for a notice of default, to the payment of an arrears interest at a conventional interest rate of 10% per annum or, should this be higher, of an interest rate as provided in Article 5 of the Belgian Law of 2 August 2002 bearing on the prevention of late payments for commercial transactions, such a charge to go into effect as of the due date of the invoice or the respective due dates of the invoices until the date of full settlement, and further to the payment of a fixed indemnification of 10% on the outstanding amount with a minimum of EUR 40,- per invoice, and this without prejudice to the right of DH+ to claim compensation of court costs (including procedural costs) in the event that a court procedure for collection of the debt needs to be instituted.
o 2 Any possibly allowed discounts shall become null and void in case of default of payment of one or several invoices by their due date.
o 3 In the event of default on one or several invoices on their due date, payment of all deferred invoices issued by DH+ to the principal, still outstanding but not yet due, shall become immediately claimable from the latter, and this in good right and de iure, and without the need for a notice of default.
o 4 In the event the principal was allowed to spread his indebtedness to DH+ over several instalments, the principal shall, in case he fails to acquit himself duly of even one payment, lose the benefit of these instalment payments and the entire indebtedness, increased with the arrears interests at the conventional rate, and the conventional fixed compensation shall become immediately claimable, and this in good right and de iure, and without the need for a notice of default.
o 5 In the event the principal unilaterally terminates an order and assignment that has been accepted by DH+, the latter shall, barring a case of proven force majeure acting upon the principal, be entitled to either demand the execution of the order or claim an indemnification for an amount equal to 30% of the amount agreed upon as payment for the assignment, without prejudice to the right of DH+ to further claim payment of the integral amount of the order and assignment in compensation of the loss and damage suffered should such loss and damage prove to be higher.
DH+ does not accept returns on custom or bespoke items.
Jewelry items and gemstones carrying engravings or inscriptions other than trademarks, grading report numbers or materials content are not refundable.
Damaged items, or items that have been worked on by an outside jeweler, are not refundable.
All items reported to us after the 14 day inspect and return period are considered final and no longer refundable.
Before returning any merchandise for refund or exchange you must obtain a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from us. Regardless of what any shipping clerk at a counter may tell you, FedEx and UPS do NOT insure jewelry.
Call us to receive your RMA number and instructions for return shipping. Insurance on returns is your responsibility; any of these costs implied on DH+ will be deducted from your refund. In accordance, we can arrange for shipping via our FedEx number and insurance.
No refunds will be made until the diamond is received in undamaged condition by us. Loss resulting from noninsured, non-delivered packages will result in no refund. Please protect us both with proper return procedures and proper insurance. For US citizens: For your comfort and ease of use, we strongly recommend that you use United States Postal Service registered insured mail.
Once your purchase reaches us it will be inspected. All jewelry and gemstones are expected to be returned in undamaged, original condition with all accompanying documents in clean, pristine condition and accessories intact. Satisfied of this we will issue your refund less return insurance. If your purchase is found to be damaged and/or items are missing those costs will be deducted from any refund due.
Diamond & Gemstone (both set as well as loose) Returns
All diamonds and gemstones returned are expected to be in undamaged, original condition with accompanying documents in crisp condition and accessories such as Gem Kit intact. Missing grading reports incur a $200 charge. Missing Gem Kits incur a $50 charge. Diamonds or gemstones found to be damaged are not refundable.
Loose diamonds may be returned within seven days, but only if the diamond was purchased from on-hand inventory and is not mounted or handled by a third party for any reason. Loose diamonds and gemstones are subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Gold & Platinum Jewellery Returns
Any returns for refund on gold and platinum jewelry due to workmanship dissatisfaction must be made within 7 days of sale. There will be a 25% restocking and restoration fee on any merchandise sized or altered. This is to offset expenses incurred for parts and/or labor, as well as restoration and refurbishing required before any possibility of resale, even at clearance pricing. The 25% fee will be deducted from any refund due.
Refunds do not apply to dissatisfaction due to a desire to change designs or make modifications to the original order. These changes will be deducted from any refund.
Damaged items, or items that have been worked on by an outside jeweler, are not refundable for any reason.
Custom Defined and Custom Made Treasure Returns
Custom pieces are non-returnable for full refund. In the case of dissatisfaction any partial refund will be limited to the amount over and above costs of incurred materials and labor, at the discretion of our company. Costs of changes in designs or modifications after a piece was begun are nonrefundable.
Damaged items, or items that have been worked on by an outside jeweler, are not refundable for any reason.
Coloured Stones One Year Exception
Although every attempt is made to learn all we can about a gemstone before its sale, colored stones are subject to “treatment.” When we know of treatment on a gemstone, it will be disclosed with its description. If you find within one year of sale that a colored stone was treated in any way that we were not aware at time of sale and are unhappy with the stone we will refund your purchase price in full upon return of the undamaged stone.